The research of ExPlab is broadly classified into two groups- sample preparation from excitonic materials and their optical characterization. We have facilities to make monolayer and bi-layer heterostructure transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDs) using mechanical exfoliation of the bulk materials. We also transfer monolayer TMDs on patterned SiO2/Si substrates.
ExP lab has the following facilities:
- Exciton transport measurement under static and spatiotemporal controlled strain environments
- Atomic force microscopy
- Near field scanning optical microscope
- Photoluminescence spectrum analysis(up to 4K)
- Probe station for electrical measurement
- Dip coater
- Thermal vapor deposition attached to nitrogen glovebox.
We also have access to the Lurie Nanofabricaiton Facility at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.